This project was taken up by SCERT(WB) under Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Teacher Education.The ovjective of this project is to enable :
- A student to learn mathematics with the help of concrete objects and to exhibit thethe relatedness of mathematics with everyday life.
- A students to verify or discover some geometric properties using models, measurements, paper folding,paper cutting etc.
- A student to use different tables and ready reckoners in solving some problems.
- A student to draw graphs and do certain calculations using computers and calculators.
- The students to listen or view certain audio or video cassettes, CDs relating to different mathematical concepts.
- The students and teachers to organize mathematics club activities including celebration of birthdays of famous Mathematicians.
- A student to see a certain programe on a computer as a part of remedial instruction or enrichment under the proper guidance of the teacher.
- A teacher to demonstrate certain concepts and patterns using charts and models.
- A teacher to explain certain concepts using computers and calculators.
- A teacher to meet and discuss important issues relating to mathematics from time to time.
SCERT(WB) had planned to develop a Hand book of Mathematics laboratory and set up laboratory at all DIETs.